Collaboration, service coordination, and information sharing among professionals from within and outside an organization is associated with more effective and efficient services for children, youth, and families impacted by traumatic stress.
Advancing Systems Collaboration can include:
- Being knowledgeable of the major voices for children and youth exposed to trauma within your community (e.g., child protective service leaders, trauma-informed treatment leaders)
- Working relationships with the systems that serve the children and families your organization works with.
- Establishing/continuing regular communication with the systems that serve the children and families your organization works with.
- Procedures in place for sharing pertinent information and data with those outside and within your organization
- Multidisciplinary teams that are knowledgeable and aware of the impact of child trauma
- Cross systems/multidisciplinary training to familiarize providers with other systems